- Docket No.
- Appellate Court
- Fifth Circuit
- Certify class
- Invalidate all or part of a federal regulation
- Stop the government from enforcing the statute or regulation
Why this Matters:
The plaintiffs brought a class action complaint alleging that enforcing protections under the Affordable Care Act against discrimination in federally funded health care programs with respect to sexual orientation and gender identity violate the Administrative Procedure Act. The nondiscrimination protections included in the Affordable Care Act protect various communities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. These communities have historically faced different barriers in accessing health care services and have disproportionately suffered worse health outcomes.
Eroding nondiscrimination protections for LGBTQI+ people would expose them to greater challenges in accessing needed services and care.
9 Major Filings
- RESPONSE to Notice of Supplemental Authority (Jul 11, 2023)
- NOTICE of Supplemental Authority (Jul 4, 2023)
- REPLY BRIEF FOR DEFENDANTS (Jun 26, 2023)
- AMICUS BRIEF Three Female Athletes (Jun 2, 2023)
- AMICUS BRIEF Women's Declaration (Jun 2, 2023)
- BRIEF FOR PLAINTIFFS (May 26, 2023)
- AMICUS BRIEF Gender Justice Organizations (Apr 3, 2023)
- AMICUS BRIEF ACS CAN et al. (Apr 3, 2023)
- BRIEF FOR DEFENDANTS (Mar 27, 2023)