- Docket No.
- District Court
- North Dakota
- Exempt the plaintiffs from the requirement
- Stop the government from enforcing the regulation against the plaintiffs
Why this Matters:
The plaintiffs allege that enforcing protections under the Affordable Care Act against discrimination in federally funded health care programs that would require performing or providing insurance coverage for services related to gender transition or abortion violate the Administrative Procedure Act, the First Amendment, the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment, and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. The nondiscrimination protections included in the Affordable Care Act protect various communities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, that have historically faced particular difficulties accessing health care services, and where such patients have faced worse health outcomes..
Eroding nondiscrimination protections for women and LGBTQI+ people would expose them to greater challenges in accessing needed services and exacerbate health disparities.
10 Major Filings
- Civil Case Terminated (Sep 17, 2021)
- ORDER (Aug 9, 2019)
- Amended ORDER Staying Enforcement (Jan 23, 2017)
- ORDER for Consolidation of Cases (Jan 23, 2017)
- RESPONSE to Motion to Amend Sealed Order (Jan 20, 2017)
- NOTICE of Supplemental Authority (Jan 11, 2017)
- MOTION to Amend (Jan 6, 2017)
- RESPONSE to Motion for Temporary Restraining Order (Dec 29, 2016)
- COMPLAINT (Dec 28, 2016)
- MOTION for Temporary Restraining Order (Dec 28, 2016)